This week we reviewed all the elements we have explored this term, including light, characters, time, dialogue and more.
This week I chose the premise: The evening ocean is coloured red by the sky, and in the distance there is the sound of heavy footsteps as huge swans slowly descend into the water. I drew the character designs for this premise. In the red evening, metallic swans appear on the sea. I also created the story points for this premise.
- In the year 3005, there is no trace of life on Earth long ago.
- Robots live in lonely cities.
- Robots created by humans have long since forgotten what animals are supposed to look like. For by the time they become conscious, there are no more animals in the world.
- They created the first animal on earth, the swan, by comparing it to the photographs left behind by humans. The photographs show swans standing in front of the camera while people stand at a distance. They mistook the swans for giant ones.
- These giant creatures were then released into the ocean. They land heavily on the beach, their metallic bodies glistening in the sunlight, revealing their solitude.
I was inspired by the science fiction documentary Prehistoric Planet, in which humans recreate dinosaurs in the real world by modelling them, which look real and have feelings, they have different personalities. It's a conjecture about the past, just like the robots in my story are a conjecture about creatures from the past. The stories all involve elements of character design and time.